Here are some links
Filed under: Here Are Some Links
It’s better than last week, when I cut my finger on crème brûlée and couldn’t type, but I’ve been fighting a cold all this week, with symptoms including congestion, runny nose, sneezing, hearing impairment, lethargy, stupidity, and partial loss of will to live. While I convalesce, here are some links for you to look at:
- My girlfriend and I plan to marry Sarah Haskins, who makes hilarious videos for Current. I was going to make a joke here that I planned to then have affairs with YouTube darlings Natalie Tran and Karen Alloy, but I think I would be in trouble if I did.
- On the other hand, having mentioned him a few times in the past, I may have to confess to having a bit of a fixation on Maxime Talbot of the Pittsburgh Penguins. It occurs to me that I haven’t linked to the self-proclaimed superstar’s sequel to his original car commercial, but what I really dig is this video for Max Talbot, Womanizer, set to the Britney Spears original. I didn’t think it would get better than the cover by Lily Allen, but there you go.
- The second-most intriguing transit-related news in the last little while is the news that Toronto City Council has gotten behind the previously back-burnered plan to build a Downtown Relief Line. The most intriguing revelation is the disturbingly phallic map of Mississauga Transit route 47.
- This repository of secret rock knowledge should keep you going for a while. It’s not where I learned about the Buddy Holly/Little Richard/Angel Lee ménage à trois (which probably should have stayed secret), but there’s plenty of dirt there nonetheless.
- And lastly, I literally choked on my coffee watching these Star Trek: TNG mashups. A poster at Metafilter points out the similarity between these and Eric Fensler’s G.I. Joe PSA parodies, and I agree. They make me laugh the same way: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15