Here are some links
Filed under: Here Are Some Links
I meant to pass along these links like a month ago, but, you know, fuck you, I’ve been busy.
- This interview with Jay Leno is actually even more relevant than when I first read it, considering that tonight is his last night as host of The Tonight Show. It’s interesting to see what makes Leno tick, because the man is practically a robot. He almost literally ticks.
- Silly Platypus is a blog written by my old co-worker Barry that frequently bills itself as “the comedy blog that makes no sense.” I can verify that: It almost always makes no sense. I’m comfortable with that; he and I have a professional background in nonsense, after all. But imagine my surprise at reading this absolutely pellucid meditation on physical comedy in the Internet age.
- Totally Looks Like compares things to other things and frequently finds that they totally look like them. The entry where Carson Daly totally looks like a ventriloquist’s dummy almost killed me. I laughed until I thought I would have a heart attack and/or choke to death. I frequently worry that I’ll end up like that ancient Greek philosopher who laughed himself to death while watching his drunk donkey trying to eat figs, and this was another close call.
- When was the last time Seth Rogen was as skinny as he is right now in his buff pre-Green Hornet phase? Why, right here, doing standup comedy at a svelte 13 years of age, presumably before he discovered pot and, subsequently, the munchies.
- And lastly, you’ve probably already seen this, but seriously, Look at this Fucking Hipster. (Related: Hipster Bingo.)